Moving to a new house can be one of the most stressful times in someone’s life. It is a process that involves spending a lot of energy, time and money trying to organise mortgages and insurance, utility bills and sorting through our belongings and ultimately finding a reliable removal company able to offer a competitive price.
At MGR Removal we recognise the benefits of time saving for our customers and that is why we offer our clients the possibility of using one of the most popular and time saving tools in the removal industry, the self-made video survey. In order to ensure a fair quote based on your video, we have put together a few tips for an accurate self-survey:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet or laptop with a good camera.
- Make sure there is appropriate lighting throughout the property and that any curtains or blinds are pulled to ensure clarity of your video.
- Make sure that there is no background noise that would prevent our surveyor from understanding your messages.
- We advise to take a series of short videos, no longer than 3 minutes at a time so the surveyor will not have a problem when loading them.
- Clearly state in the introduction: full name and contact details, full collection address including the postcode, full drop off address including the postcode.
Answer the following questions:
- When would you like the removal to take place?
- Are you involved in a chain?
- Tell us about the access and parking situation at both properties (i.e. first floor, lift or stairs, pay and display parking)
- Do you require a packing service from us (usually done the day before the removal for properties larger than one bedroom)?
- If you do require packing services, be advice we will need to see the items inside the cupboards etc. For yours and our convenience please ensure that cupboards and wardrobes doors are opened prior to starting the video.
Make sure you mention what room you are filming while moving around the property. Ensure that all the items included in the move are clearly visible in the video. Anything that is not clear in the video will not be quoted and therefor may cost you extra in the final invoice.